Important Information on Assistance & Insurance
PEUGEOT OPEN EUROPE
Peugeot Practical Guide Booklet
You will receive this booklet on collection of your Peugeot, however we strongly recommend you read through the Peugeot Practical Guide (pdf 1MB) prior to leaving Australia so you are familiar with its contents. It includes detailed information on your vehicle delivery and return procedures and important information about Portugal and Switzerland.
The 24-hour, 7-day Peugeot Sodexa Assistance will come to your aid should the following events occur:
- A breakdown that immobilizes the vehicle and which cannot be repaired the same day.
- Accident or attempted theft which immobilize the vehicle and of which the resulting damages cannot be repaired the same day (Warning: in the event of an attempted theft, a detailed report and police report are compulsory).
- Theft of the vehicle (Warning: detailed report and police report are compulsory).
We strongly recommend you read through the Peugeot Assistance (Emergency) Guide (pdf 1MB) prior to leaving Australia so you are familiar with its contents. You will receive this booklet on collection of your Peugeot. It includes detailed information on your insurance and where you can travel with a lease vehicle, what to do in case of breakdown, accident, theft or vandalism of your Peugeot and roadside assistance information and procedures.
InsuranceYour vehicle is covered by a multi-risk, non-deductible policy which offers the following guarantees:
- Civil liability of the driver (including liability for non-paying passengers transported).
- Vehicle fire.
- Theft of the vehicle (if reported to the police).
- Broken windows.
- Damages incurred by accidents involving the vehicle, including acts of vandalism (if reported to the police).
- Legal protection.
- Coverage of the driver.
The following countries are covered by insurance and for assistance: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Greek Territory only)~, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Corsica), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece (including Crete and Greek Islands), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (including Sicily and Sardinia), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira), Romania, San Marino, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
~The cover of insurance provided for Cyprus is limited to the geographical parts of Cyprus which are under control of the government of the Republic of Cyprus.
*The cover of insurance provided for Serbia is limited to the Republic of Montenegro and the geographical parts of Serbia which are under control of the government of the Republic of Serbia.
Travel is not permitted into the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Belarus, Israel, Iran, Kosovo, Moldova, Morocco, Russia, Tunisia, Turkey and the Ukraine. Travel to these countries is at the lessees risk and is not covered by the Peugeot insurance or Peugeot assistance.
Your vehicle is not covered, but not limited for the following:
- loss or theft of baggage or personal effects,
- fines, traffic penalties,
- lost, stolen or damaged keys,
- obvious misuse of the vehicle,
- empty gas tank or wrong lubricant type,
- non-compliance with the maintenance requirements of the vehicle as specified in the maintenance booklet,
- driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs,
- cases of force majeure,
- vehicle stuck in mud,
- participation in races, sports rallies or preparatory trials for these events,
- any damage that occurs when the driver of the vehicle at the time of the accident is underage, or does not hold a valid driver’s license required by the regulations in force,
- damages that occur to the vehicle and expenses engaged outside of the authorized countries,
- expenses engaged without and before the agreement of Peugeot Open Europe Assistance.
Who is covered & for how long?
- The contract title holder as well as any other non-paying passenger, up to the authorized maximum number of passengers indicated on the vehicle's registration certificate.
- The vehicle itself, registered under the French special category "T".
- You are covered both for assistance and insurance for the duration of your contract, as indicated on your purchase order and on your international automobile insurance card.
All details are subject to change without notice. For additional Terms & Conditions, click here.